Saturday, June 28, 2008

Amsterdam continued

Wednesday: I got my long deserved lazy day here in Amsterdam. I was able to sleep in, something I havent really done in months, and just relax. After making the Harple family some mac and cheese, Lee and I went to meet my brother to see the latest Indiana Jones movie. I must say it was not quite what I expected, but I was glad I finally got to see it. It was sort of Indiana Jones meets X-Files more than anything. I just hope that they dont go on to make more sequels with the son of Indiana Jones, that would get kind of sad.

Thursday: Lee and I spent the morning researching cheap Indonesian restaurants, and we met my brother for lunch in the Dam square. The place we picked was not the one with a "grubby oriental decor" but it was alright for 8 euros a person. Typical tourist area fare. Lee and I took the long way walking home and came back to watch Spain v. Russia. Of course, Spain won, totally dominated the Russian advances. Looking forward to the Euro Cup final on Sunday which will be Germany v. Spain. That should be an interesting game. Personally, I am rooting for Spain, Ramos and Torres are just too fun of names to not yell out excitedly during a soccer game.

Friday: We started the day lazily, and then Laurel encouraged Lee and I to go out shopping with her. Lee got to get some Kantjils, the local Indonesian to go spot, where they essentially microwave the food in a box and give it to you. I personally prefer the asian to go places of the wok variety, but Lee prefers Kantjil's peanut sauce. After shopping, Lee, Laurel, Laurel's friend Jess, and I returned to Ankerplaats where we spent the evening.

I am finishing up this post with some photos of the Harple house here, particularly the views out of Katrina's bedroom where Lee and I are staying:



-Liz

No comments: