Thursday, October 11, 2007

Lectures, Bookstores

Thursdays are really going to be my busy day for the next year. Today I had four lectures. I began with Critical and Cultural Theory. Today, they devoted the time to having a librarian come in and explain the way the Ussher Library works. It was actually more different than the American library system than I would have thought. Surprisingly, Trinity has been recieving a copy of every book published in the UK and Ireland for over 150 years. Therefore, most of the collection is in storage at some place by the airport. But they do have alot of stuff! I finally found a useful bookstore, Hodges Figgis, on Dawson Street near campus had all of the books I needed, and they were easy to find. No competition against the other stores nearby. 230 Euros later I have most of the necessary materials for the year.
The afternoon consisted of lectures for Fables and Other Narratives, Theatre, and Renaissance Poetry. Back to back to back. It went rather smoothly, they are all in the same building, just on different floors, so it worked well. Fables and Theatre were both very straightforward, Renaissance Poetry might be a little dull.
Right now I am working on Thomas Hughes' Tom Brown's Schooldays for my Literature and Sexuality lecture on Monday and drinking mint hot chocolate.

Go Sox! (Thanks to mlb.com, I can try to keep track of the ALCS!)
-Liz

No comments: