Monday, October 22, 2007

Swans and Free Dinner

Walking home from class this afternoon, I spotted some swans in the Grand Canal. I have never seen so many swans assembled in one place, it is a very calming sight. I look forward to spotting them on my way back to Lissenfield. Today, I snapped a few pictures of them to share with everyone. I can't wait for spring to see all their little signets! Adorable.

Today, I had my poetry tutorial and another amazing lecture for Literature and Sexuality. I must say, Literature and Sexuality has been my favorite class so far here at Trinity. It really has kept me engaged, and I think that if i do end up going to grad school, I could definitely see it as my focus or speciality. I have just been so interested in the lectures, and the tutorial was the first one where I really was into the discussion. It is a shame it only goes on for Michaelmas Term, I would really love to be in there all year. It is nice to be excited about an English class, makes me feel less awkward about not being sure what to do with my major. Time will tell.

Tonight was also an opportunity to get together with the other Stonehill students who are currently undergoing internships in Dublin for a dinner with Mrs.Cronin from the Study Abroad office. We went to Ciao Bella Roma in Temple Bar for some Italian food, which of course was on the Stonehill dollar. :) I ate way too much calamari and gnocchi, but it was great to catch up with some other students and realize that they are having a very similar experience as I am. I am not the only one panicking, or missing home, or having problems feeling like a foreigner. I feel better about being here now.

My mom gets here Friday, I cannot wait! I am sure she is as excited, if not more.

I was also very happy to see the Red Sox had won while I was sleeping. The 5 hour time difference has been a real killer. I can only imagine how everyone is feeling at home! Shoutout to Lori who managed to get Game 2 tickets! Yell "Youk!" for me!




-Liz

No comments: