Thursday, October 4, 2007

Timetables


Today was a gorgeous day here in Dublin. They are experiencing weather described in the media as "Indian Summer". (Just another example of how politically incorrect the Irish are, but more on that another day.) There was few clouds in the sky, no rain or drizzle, and it was actually warm! I was running around most of the day, but was able to take a few moments to enjoy the weather in St. Stephen's Green in between engagements.


This morning was the official meeting for Visiting Students to the English Department. We received alot of pertinent information about the department and how it works, but more importantly got the lecture TIMETABLES! I have become slightly obsessed with recieveing them all week. I could barely hold in my excitment. Thankfully, none of the courses Stonehill pre-approved have conflicting lectures so it should all work out.


As of now this appears to be my timetable:


Monday- 2:00 EN1002 Literature and Sexualities


Tuesday- free


Wednesday- free


Thursday- 9:00 EN1001 Critical and Cultural Theory

12:00 EN2005 Fables and Other Narratives

1:00 EN1006 Theatre: Genre, Period and Theme

2:00 EN2006 Renaissance Poetry


Friday- 10:00 EN1009 Poetry: Form, Language, Interpretation


Looks like, just as Lee does, my Thursdays will be a bit insane. Although I am sure alot of the free time in my schedule will be filled by tutorials that will be going into my schedule next week.



I also got a flu shot today at Health Services. A rather uneventful experience, but prompt. I did not anticipate getting an appointment as soon as I did, so it was a nice surprise. Well, as nice as a surprise that shots can be.


Not sure what my plans for the night are, might go to a Phil event at The Turk's Head, might stay in and read and be a dork, who knows.


-Liz

No comments: